Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Smith's, Sour Cream, and Check Book


Yesterday I walked to Smith's needing just some sour cream to go with dinner. I walked down there with Benton, picked up the sour cream and headed for the check out. When it comes time to pay I realize my wallet was not in my purse and probably left on floor at home as Benton is constantly unloading my purse these days. Luckily I find my check book and with a smile hand my check for $1.52 to the clerk. Unlucky for me they required proof of identity. I told the man my story of the wallet on my floor at home to which he smiled, handed me my receipt along with my sour cream, and told me to have a nice day. Then he took out his OWN wallet and paid my balance. Can you believe it, I was so thankful and impressed by his generosity! The world is still full of good people!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Only you Suzanne can get the guy at Smiths to pay your balance. You are so funny.

 

Andersen Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates