Friday, September 26, 2008

No One Else Will Do

I think one of the rewards a mother gets is when your child needs just YOU. Benton is a great sleeper, but today during his afternoon nap he woke up for some reason, only an hour into his sleeping. I thought it was unusual, but went in and retrieved the binki from the floor and walked out of the room. He started crying, the real crying, again. This time I picked him up and began to rock him. It has been a while since I have been able to do that. That is just what he wanted, to be rocked by his mom. How glad I am to be able to be home and have opportunities like that.
Perhaps I am being sentimental as I just finished reading about my Romney ancestors. We are having a reunion to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of my great grandparents, and they are putting on a play to retell some of there history. It is hard for me to really comprehend what the early members of our church went through. I am truly grateful for those ancestors and hope I can live up to the standard they have set, as well as now teach my children so that same line will continue to be strong.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Those are the moments that make motherhood amazing. It's like little tender mercies from heaven.

Laura said...

Isn't it great. My favorite is kissing Grants owies all better. Nobody else does it like Mommy :)

Dani said...

Don't you just love that? Unforgettable times. I had a GREAT time with you guys on Wednesday. Thanks for hanging out. I wish we lived closer... but it's fun to always have someone to visit in Utah!

Melanie Herway said...

All of our plans for Utah broke into pieces with my in-laws getting sick. So we are playing the whole week by ear. Just give me a call, my number is 801-548-2285. We arrive tomorrow, and probably the sooner the better. Hope to see you!

Lacy & Joshua said...

You are such a good mom!

 

Andersen Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates